Nickelodeon's "Blue's Clues" reboot holding open casting call

BLUE'S CLUES Steve Burns 1996, Nickelodeon Network  Courtesy Everett Collection

Guys, remember Blue's Clues?

There's now an open casting call for a new host for the reboot, which will be held on April 14 in Southern California.

Los Casagrandes, a brand-new companion series for animated hit The Loud House will debut as well as Pony, a new animated comedy series developed by Nickelodeon International in the UK.

"With our share growing and content pipeline in overdrive, we are reinventing ourselves to best serve the new and next generation of audiences on new and next-generation platforms", said Cyma Zarghami, President, Nickelodeon Group.

Blue's Clues, which ran on Nickelodeon from 1996 to 2006 (and even picked up Emmy nominations along the way), will return to the network for a 20-episode season, according to Entertainment Weekly. The series continues to air past episodes in different global markets and via Noggin, a subscription-video service Nickelodeon operates.

"I think they will probably be passionate about protecting it and making sure we do it right", an original producer told Variety.

Six years later, the show's host, Steve Burns, left the show. Here's your chance to show off your talent and hosting skills.

More information and application guidelines can be found at One of TV's most famous dogs is set to win over a new generation of kids with all new episodes as well as a new host. Nickelodeon is looking for someone who "will empower the home viewer to feel important, respected, and smart". For starters, Blue will look a little different than she was over a decade ago. And the show will have 30 seconds to 60 seconds shorter to accommodate advertising and network promos.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Man Running From Cops Runs Self Over
Mar 09, 2018 - 03:48
After about a half-mile chase, Bonsu hit a dead end and got out of the auto to try and run, WJLA Channel 7 reports . However, he doesn't put the auto in park and is instead knocked over by the vehicle as it rolls forward.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top CORPORATE REPORT: Abercrombie & Fitch; Dollar Tree; Autodesk; CenturyLink
Mar 09, 2018 - 03:45
It has underperformed by 64.52% the S&P500. (NYSE: ANF ) declared a quarterly dividend on Monday, February 26th, RTT News reports. Analysts are also projecting an Average Revenue Estimate for Abercrombie & Fitch $1.16 Million in the Current Quarter.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Flu death toll in DE increases to 28, ties record high
Mar 09, 2018 - 03:45
Since October, 23,324 people have been hospitalized for influenza-associated complications. "We don't know. According to CDC, 9 percent of deaths in the U.S. were caused by diseases such as pneumonia and flu.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Android P will let Autofill automatically work within web browsers
Mar 09, 2018 - 03:39
Google Pixel and Google Pixel 2 will be few of the first devices to get the Android P update and access to the new features. That patch was committed in December of 2016 , however the functionality remained disabled for subsequent Android releases .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Send Your Name To The Sun On An Upcoming NASA Mission
Mar 09, 2018 - 03:36
The spacecraft speed is so fast, at its closest approach it will be going at approximately 430,000 miles (692,000 km) per hour. Its mission is to collect data about the sun's magnetic fields, solar wind and more.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Africa moving past Trump's slur, says African Union official
Mar 09, 2018 - 02:59
On Tuesday, he said China " encouraged dependency , utilized corrupt deals and endangered Africa's natural resources". The reporter said the comment, which Trump has denied, "is something that Africa's still digesting".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rimac C Two electric hypercar shocks Geneva with 1914 horsepower
Mar 09, 2018 - 02:58
The front wheels have a single-speed transmission as in conventional electric cars while the rear wheels get a 2-speed gearbox. The underbody also has a magnitude of flaps that crate venturi effects and adds to the downforce that the Rimac C_Two makes.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Historical decission by K'taka govt, in need of seperate flag!
Mar 09, 2018 - 02:54
The State Government would make a formal application to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs, under whose purview the issue falls. For years, there has been a demand to recognise it as the state's official flag, the report said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top India vs Bangladesh, 2nd T20I: India beat Bangladesh by six wickets
Mar 09, 2018 - 02:52
The second match of the tournament will be played between Bangladesh and India at the same venue on Thursday. Such was was the frenetic pace of the chase that Sri Lanka crossed the 50-run mark in less than four overs.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trailer For Augmented Reality Game Jurassic World Alive Arrives
Mar 09, 2018 - 02:43
They have fled Jurassic World on the unstable island of Isla Nublar... and they're roaming free in your cities and neighbourhoods. It's all location-based to allow you to find and discover dinosaurs in the "real world" by exploring the world.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Shefin Jahan is a terrorist, repeats Hadiya's father
Mar 09, 2018 - 02:40
Hadiya last month in an affidavit had informed the Apex Court that she embraced Islam and married to Shafin Jahan on her own will. During the course of the SC hearing, Hadiya has maintained that she voluntarily wanted to be with her husband Shafin Jahan.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top What's beneath Jupiter's cloud cover? NASA's Juno takes a sneak peek
Mar 09, 2018 - 02:36
NASA's Juno probe has captured another striking new image of the Jupiter cyclone storms ravaging the planet's atmosphere . Jupiter's South Pole cyclone is a central storm with five circumpolar storms that are between 5,600 and 7,000 km across.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Powerball jackpot at $348 million
Mar 09, 2018 - 02:29
Meanwhile this week, United States news outlets reported on "Jane Doe", the victor of the largest Powerball jackpot in history. A Powerball lottery sign displays the lottery prizes at a convenience store Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018, in Chicago.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Wednesday forecast: sunny and windy, high 50
Mar 09, 2018 - 02:15
A 40 percent chance of rain and snow is in the forecast for Tuesday during the day, increasing to a 60 percent chance at night. The winds will be strong along and north of the Interstate 76 corridor and east of Fort Morgan, according to the NWS.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rocked by scandals at Uber, Travis Kalanick announces his next venture
Mar 09, 2018 - 01:41
The fund's investment activity will centre on real estate, e-commerce and emerging innovation in India and China . I've begun making investments, joining boards, working with entrepreneurs and non-profits.