Larry King diagnosed with lung cancer, says he has recovered

Larry King underwent surgery in July

Larry King has revealed a secret battle with lung cancer.

The former CNN host, who is 83, told Us Weekly that a spot on his lung was noticed this summer during a routine check-up. "I go for my checkup and they say, 'Let's do a chest X-ray, and the doctor said to me, 'Something looks amusing, '" he recalls. "You have a small [spot]".

"They showed me the last tomography, which was clean, it was fun to find out the spot it's not there anymore and they've removed 20% of my lung", revealed King.

"They took it out", he said.

"They went in through my ribs with a tiny camera and snipped it out", King says.

The Larry King Now host also took to Twitter on Wednesday to express his gratitude for everyone's support. He says the doctors told him he was fortunate the cancer was spotted, because there are usually no symptoms, until it has progressed into the later stages. The news was understandably met with worry from the fans even as King hurried to assure them in a recent interview.

Larry King reveals lung cancer diagnosis
Larry King reveals lung cancer diagnosis, surgery

"On July 17, I had the surgery here at Cedars", King said.

"Thirty years later, I said to the doctor [about the lung cancer diagnosis] 'Is this connected with that?' Absolutely".

Doctors were able to catch his prostate cancer early, too, and were able to treat it entirely with radiation.

King hasn't smoked cigarettes since his heart attack in the late '80s.

"The doctor said that tobacco from 30 years ago is still related to this lung cancer", he said. "That would be on my bucket list". "I saw all the warnings but I never paid attention", he said. "I will probably die on the air", he joked. "I feel good, I get my checkups, I stay healthy and I love working, I do Ora.TV, I do politicking, I still make speeches, I'm active". "They are all painless", and can save your life! "I've never ever felt better than I do now".

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top FBI Special Counsel Robert Mueller reportedly obtains Facebook search warrant
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:24
The records given to Mueller provide much more details than what the social media platform said last week to Congress. The company also listed out steps it has implemented towards curbing fake accounts and stories on the platform.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Android backups are auto-deleted after an inactivity period
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:23
Even if you've backed it up on Google Drive , everything will be gone if you've neglected using the smartphone for two months. As Android Police advises , if you're taking a break from Android, make sure to use your device from time to time.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top SH Park takes advantage of ultimate Evian mulligan
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:22
Sung Hyun Park was six-over par through five, when the Evian was reduced to a 54-hole tournament, she was back to zero. The US Open champion acknowledged her good fortune.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Vikings promote QB Kyle Sloter amid concern over Sam Bradford's knee
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:18
Bradford is traveling with the team to Pittsburgh and was officially listed as "questionable" on the injury report. Rhodes apparently was hurt in practice Wednesday and was limited in workouts Thursday and Friday.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Conte confirms Drinkwater debut delayed and fans are not impressed — Chelsea news
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:18
Otherwise, Chelsea could be in a bit of trouble. "But I think we have to continue, to show that we are stronger than them". Click through the gallery above to see some of the best tweets! Conte played down the extra time between games.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Fernando Llorente on Why He Chose Tottenham Hotspur Over Chelsea FC
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:13
What is not clear [is] why Mike Dean [chose to] justify in front of our players that it was handball, but it was not handball. Tottenham host Swansea City on Saturday looking to record their first win in the Premier League at temporary home Wembley.

Cuomo Heads To US Virgin Islands To Assess Irma Storm Damage
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:13
Mapp said the visit will help "get the word out to the wider American community that the people of the Virgin Islands need help". Andrew Cuomo made the announcement of resources for the islands after touring hurricane-ravaged areas there on Friday.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top MI Teacher Suspended for Assaulting Student Refusing the Pledge
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:10
The teacher who allegedly pulled Stone from his chair has been placed on administrative leave while an investigation is underway. According to the school, they are investigating the incident while the teacher is out on suspension.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump blasts 'loser terrorists', calls for tough action
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:10
Stephanopoulos asked May if a travel ban is something she would reconsider in light of Friday's terror attack. Friday's attack was the latest in a string of terror attacks in Britain this year.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 'Narcos' Location Scout Found Dead in Mexico
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:08
El Pais reports that 37-year-old Carlos Muñoz was found in a vehicle riddled with gunshots in rural Mexico. Nor confirmation either way had been made public by Netflix at the time of this writing.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump Is Confusing Everyone On Whether A Border Wall Will Happen
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:07
A Perdue spokeswoman said any DACA deal should include a proposal he is co-sponsoring with Arkansas Republican Sen. House Republicans would normally rebel over such an approach, which many view as amnesty for lawbreakers.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Penn State defendant Gary Schultz released from prison
Sep 17, 2017 - 01:01
He admitted he didn't do enough to stop former football team defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky from sexually abusing boys. He was accused of soliciting two girls, ages 15 and 16, for oral sex and nude photos.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Red Sox Fined for Sign-Stealing Violation
Sep 17, 2017 - 00:57
Boston is 9-7 against Tampa Bay this year with three games remaining in the season series. Red Sox starter Chris Sale gave up four runs and six hits in 5 2/3 innings.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top North Korea Is Pushing Its Limits With The Trump Administration
Sep 17, 2017 - 00:50
North Korea also has the world's largest standing army. "The U.N. has shifted over the past several months". In August, North Korea launched a ballistic missile over Japan from a region near Pyongyang.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Donald Trump's London terrorist attack tweet 'unhelpful' - Met Police
Sep 17, 2017 - 00:49
He then added: "Loser terrorists must be dealt with in a much tougher manner", without giving details of what that meant. A president doesn't take to Twitter to engage in a stream of thought speculation after a terrorist attack.